Notice: Skills for Care are now funding £15 per credit for Level 5 Management Award, so up to £1200 can be claimed back (terms and conditions apply).
NVQ's (QCF - Qualification and Credit Framework) have been designed to assess your practical skills as well as your knowledge and understanding.
These qualifications are directly linked to the work you do.
QCF introduces a more transparent naming system, bringing greater consistency across all vocational qualifications. The framework allows learners to progress from level 2 through to level 8 which is the equivalent to a university PhD. There is a credit value attached to these new qualifications which is being more widely recognised by some of the universities.
QCF provides flexible routes to gain a full qualification, enabling candidates to progress in smaller steps, and offering a wider choice. It allows learners to participate in study at a point in their life and career at a pace, time and place that suit them as an individual. Due to the flexibility of this framework, it becomes more inclusive and responsive to current and future employer requirements.
NVQ (QCF) Diplomas and Certificates
- Health & Social Care - Levels 2, 3, 4 and 5 (old Leadership and Management RMA qualification).
- Management - Levels 3, 4 and 5.
- Childcare - Levels 2, 3 and 5.
- Business Administration - Levels 2 and 3.
- Team Leading - Level 2.
- Customer Services - Levels 2 and 3.
- IT User Skills - Levels 2 and 3.
- ICT Professional Competence - Levels 2 and 3.
- Retail Skills - Level 2.
- Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools - Level 2.
We also provide clusters of units to help support personal learning and development. A cluster can be taken from Level 2 through to Level 5, which will accumulate in a credit value.
- 3 credits - Health and Social Care Level 2
- 5 credits - Health and Social Care Level 5
- 4 credits - Childcare Level 3
12 Units Certificated
In health and social care the qualification pathways are Generic, Learning Disability and Dementia Care.
In childcare, we provide pathways in Early Years suitable for day care settings practitioners, Childrens' Social Care suitable for practitioners in social care, and Learning Development and Support Services suitable, for example, Connexions staff and learning mentors.